Brierley Associates Corporation, an internationally recognized leader in the engineering of tunnels, shafts, underground structures, and excavation support systems, is seeking a Full-time Accounting (Remote) position in the Tampa / St. Petersburg / Seminole, FL area.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the CFO with performing monthly close
- Assisting the CFO and external CPA’s with performing year-end close
- Assisting with Executive reporting packages
- Reviewing/supervision of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Preparing accounting reports for audits
- Preparing accounting analyses with related spreadsheets or applications, and identifies and resolves issues
- Other duties as assigned
- This role is intended to expose the successful candidate to increasingly complex aspects of general accounting, internal controls, financial analysis and reporting, forecasting, and financial applications.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a motivated individual with approximately 5 years of accounting experience. Prior experience with an engineering firm is a plus. Desirable qualities and required skills include, but are not limited to:
- Integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Brierley’s mission is absolutely required
- Experience with Deltek Vision is desired, but not required
- Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline is desired, but not required
- Fluency in MS Excel is required
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely, while still working tightly with the CFO and other Team members; occasional in-person meetings will be required in Brierley’s Tampa office, or other coordinated local location
- Ability to work seamlessly on all virtual and cloud-based platforms
- A proactive and hands-on learner who, in partnership with the CFO, will learn with the Company, and grow into increasing levels of responsibility
- Self-motivated to learn the company’s accounting systems, and eagerly assist with other duties as assigned
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the position as the company may require
Brierley Associates Corporation offers a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short term disability plans & 401k, and other benefits. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
No phone calls, please. Submit resume in confidence to Ashton Juranek at AJuranek@brierleyassociates.com.