For abandoned mine lands, karst topography or other risky ground conditions
Our nationwide underground design and construction experience offers a different perspective and understanding of ground behavior. We use our collective knowledge of “Creating Space Underground” to develop innovative and effective solutions for “Filling Space Underground”.
Through rigorous subsurface investigations, we develop GIS-based spatial analysis integrating both historic and recent data obtained from Brierley’s investigations of mine workings. This process is our platform to develop an understanding of the complexities associated with developing the proper means and methods, which are all dependent on the mine and ground conditions, to mitigate subsidence. Evaluating site-specific characteristics leads to evidence-based design and constructable solutions.
Brierley Associates offers Mine Mitigation services including:
- Engineering geology focused site exploration programs
- Coal mine risk analysis and mitigation
- Developing specifications and contract packaging
- Mitigation program design
- Grout mix design
- GIS spatial analysis
- RTK based drone Imagery
- Construction Management
- Trenchless technology solutions
- Earth and rock slope stability analysis and support of excavation
- Construction cost and scheduling